The Educational Outreach Program
“Award Towards Excellence”
This program enriches what the students learn at school by
offering a beyond the classroom experience, increasing their
mastery of French and positively impacting their overall academic
– Arne Duncan, US Secretary of Education (former CEO of Chicago Public Schools)
What is the Educational Outreach Program?
- a partnership between the Alliance Française de Chicago and the Chicago Public Schools
- a weekly after-school immersion and enrichment program in French language and culture held at the Alliance, taught by native French- speaking teachers
- serves 50 students a year from six public high schools
- Kenwood Academy
- King College Prep
- Lake View High School
- Lane Tech College Prep
- Schurz High School
- Von Steuben Metropolitan Science Center
- provides scholarships for immersion trips to France and Concordia Language Villages each summer
The outcomes of this program are significant — over 90% of the students in the Award Towards Excellence Program go on to university study.
LAlliance Française excels with youth outreach programs... This program is made possible by the support of our generous donors.
Your donation will ensure that the Educational Outreach Program will continue to give CPS students the chance to study French in a complete immersion environment.
Help us reach more students with your support! Support Educational Outreach: Click here
Support Educational Outreach
at the Alliance Française de Chicago!
A gift of…
- $50 provides CDs for listening comprehension.
- $100 provides a cultural guest speaker.
- $250 provides an evening of French culture in Chicago for all students – such as a theater performance or concert.
- $500 provides for one French teacher at the Alliance for one term.
- $1,000 provides enrichment classes for one local high school student for one year.
- $2,500 provides an educational summer trip to Concordia Language Villages for one student.
- $5,000 provides a study trip to France for one student.
- Your generosity will provide Chicago Public Schools students the opportunity to discover a foreign culture and pursue their study of French.