What are the hours of the Alliance Française?
Hours of Operation
In observance of Memorial Day, the Alliance will be closed on Saturday, May 23 and will reopen on Tuesday, May 26 at 9:00 a.m. Merci !
Where is the Alliance Française located?
The Alliance Française is located at:
The corner of Chicago Avenue and Dearborn Street. We are one block west of the Chicago stop on the red line and four blocks East of the Chicago stop on the brown line. The 66 Chicago Avenue bus stops directly in front of our door. See the map.810 North Dearborn Street
Chicago, IL 60610
phone: (312) 337-1070
fax: (312) 337 3019
General information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Is parking available?
The Alliance Française de Chicago now has two parking locations for your convenience:
CPS Parking at 671 N. Clark (SE corner of Clark and Huron):
$8.00 any time, good for a 12-hour period (with validation at the Alliance Française's reception desk)
InterPark at 100 W. Chestnut (Indoor-parking):
$8.00, good for a 12-hour period (with validation at the Alliance Française's reception desk) · No overnight parking
Metered parking is available on Dearborn Street, Chestnut Street and Chicago Avenue. Daytime parking restrictions apply, so be sure to read the posted signs. There are also parking lots to the west and south of the Alliance Française which charge an hourly fee.
What activities exist that will allow me to practice my French and interact with other students and members?
In addition to classes, many of the clubs sponsored by the Alliance Française help you practice your French and meet people with similar interests.
What are the benefits of becoming a member of the Alliance Française?
As a member, you have the opportunity to participate in all of the activities organized by the Alliance Française and you have access to all its facilities.
- Open access to the library/ médiathèque
- Participation in all clubs including Café Conversation and Café Littérature.
- Free or reduced admission to some cultural programs
- Discounts proposed through our network of partners
- Reduced admission to cooking demonstrations
- Reduced admission on classes
- Quarterly newsletter describing all of the activities at the Alliance Française
Who has access to the materials in the library?
Only members of the Alliance Française have the right to borrow materials from the library. Non-member students and the general public have access to the library, but they cannot check out materials.
Please check our complete library policy.
How do I determine my class level?
If you have already been introduced to French, in school, during travels, but would like to start at the beginning, "Beginners" level is recommended. "Initiation" is appropriate for those who have had no exposure to the French language. Other students are advised to take the placement test. Please consult the Placement Test section for more information.
- What are the hours of the Alliance Française?
- Where is the Alliance located?
- Is parking available?
- What activities exist that will allow me to practice my French and interact with other students and members?
- What are the benefits of becoming a member of the Alliance Française?
- Who has access to the materials in the library?
- How do I determine my class level?